Prepared: To Abide
Object: Abide with Christ in Joy
The union Jesus has with us is not based on who we are, but __________________________________________.
I. The Vineyard of God
- The vinedresser’s desire is for _______________.
- The pruning sheers of the vinedresser looks like _______________________________________.
- We can (wrongly) define spiritual fruit as ______.
II. Abide in the Vine
- Abiding is where the disciples (the branch) and the vine (Jesus) __________________________.
- Abide is a keyword in John’s writings: how many times is it used in this section of scripture? ____.
- When we abide in Christ our branches enjoined to the vine so life is _________________________.
- ______________ is the evidence.
III. Live in Love
- Jesus said the Father loves Him just as He loves ______________________________________.
- The Creator not only desires to have joy in you, He’s designed you to have _________________.
- Our only fulness of joy will only come when we as branches _____________________________.
I am the bread of life
I am the light of the world
I am the gate
I am the resurrection and the life
I am the Good Shepherd
I am the way, the truth, and the life
I am the true vine
Takeaway: When we abide, He produces the fruit that we can never produce on our own.
- What is today’s passage speaking to you?
- What are you going to do about it?